I learned about the concept of a "Now" page from Derek Sivers and loved the idea. It's just an update for you on random things that I'm up to right now.
- Loving my new Rogue R-3 Powerrack for weight lifting. I've traditionally used body weight for strength training but have switched to barbells and am really enjoying the challenge.
- Absolutely loving the 5-minute journal and using it twice a day to practice appreciation and set small achievable daily goals. It's easy and effective. I prefer the app for daily use but you need the book for the logic behind the method.
- Riding my bike to work daily has been a great boost to energy level and mood.
- Been meditating twice a day for about 15 minutes for the last 3 months and journaling the results. I've meditated on and off for a long time but never twice a day for any stretch of time.
So far it's helped reduce my normal neurotic tail chasing patterns in subtle but interesting ways.
- I'm continuing to track all daily habits and experiments using Coach.me - the best tool I've ever used for modifying habits. I just looked and I've checked off the goal of "20+ Minute Workout Daily" 1,049 times! I don't know that I've ever tracked anything 1,049 times- that tells you a lot about how useful this app is.
- Quote of the week, "Routine, in an intelligent man, is a sign of intelligence"- HA Auden
- I moved my office to a co-working space back in April and love it. I have a private office and am surrounded by other entrepreneurs, start ups, freelancers. Much better for me than being isolated in an executive suite. You can see a pic of the space below...
That's it for now- I'll keep this list updated.